RAW ART

RAW ART
reading & writing with art

December 20, 2011

Snowman Snowballs with Paper Mache

Snowmen at Night

Paper Mache Snowmen turned out great!  We read Snowmen at Night and began the creating.  I did this with my 2nd graders so I tried to keep it as simple as possible. We started making snowballs out of newspaper then wrapped them in masking tape to keep their shape.  Then we used a flour and watered down glue mix to paper mache the snowballs.  I spray painted the balls white because we were running out of time and I didn't think they would finish them in time if we had to wait another week for them to dry.  They cut out the features from construction paper and we glued on poms to make the ear muffs.  They all had such personality.  We used a straight pin and ribbon to poke through the back to make the hanger so they could be hung on the tree. 


No comments:

Post a Comment