RAW ART

RAW ART
reading & writing with art

December 08, 2011

Recycling the Holidays

So....both of these projects turned out great.  My 5th and 6th graders have gotten SUPER CREATIVE with their recycled can projects.  I posted some new photos of their work here.




See the book and steps I used below!  I have seen these much larger on Canvas and Paper to hang and thought I would adapt them for an ornament.

 The perfect book to go along with my tree's this year...
A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree
 A Wish to Be A Christmas Tree
We are getting brave in my class!  My 5th and 6th graders cut apart aluminum cans yesterday.  I have titanium scissors from Dick Blick that worked great.  We are going to hot glue these together next week into ornaments...I'm anxious to see how they turn out and will post pictures soon.
3rd grade is rolling up small magazine like the bead making process to construct a Christmas Tree ornament...my fingers are crossed that they will actually finish next week before we take off for Christmas break.  Happy Holidays!!


Here they are! 
1.  After my students rolled a variety of magazine rolls they selected several and put them in order of size on their table with the shortest at the top.  They did this twice so they could glue on the front and on the back. 
2.  Hot glued ribbon onto end of craft stick to make the loop for hanging on the real tree.
3.  Leave a thumb with at the bottom for the "trunk" then begin gluing the longest roll at the bottom and build up the stick the remainder of the tubes.
At the top over the hot glue cut out a foam star and glue on the top.
4.  Repeat steps for the back.
5.  Embellish with sequins, glitter, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment