RAW ART

RAW ART
reading & writing with art

March 12, 2012

Got Milk? These Arkansas Cows Do!!

My kindergarten classes have been learning about the state of Arkansas in their class...so we did a little collaboration and tied it into art.  Arkansas State Beverage is MILK so we paid tribute to our Arkansas Cows with our art drawings.
A Particular CowWe read the book by Mem Fox A Particular Cow which my kindergartenrs thought was HILARIOUS!  We talked about the parts of a cow and how it looks.  I had a head template made so that they would make their cows huge on thier paper (otherwise with kindergarten I would have ended up with tiny cows on a big piece of paper.)  We used that art work I found at  http://www.zazzle.com/cute_cow_folk_art_painting_gordon_bruce_bumper_sticker-128762395561459634 from Gordon Bruce as our inspiration.  It is a whimsical little cow.  I created an easy step by step power point then they added their details at the end.  The link to the power point is http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/huskeyj72501-1358638-a-moo-zing-arkansas-cows/
They make me smile when I see them.  More pictures to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment