RAW ART

RAW ART
reading & writing with art

February 22, 2012

Pinkalicious Cupcakes! Mixed Media

Well...it so worked with my sweet tooth I had during Valentines week!  In this great book she has an addiction to pink cupcakes.  She eats too many and she turns pink all over!  It was a great lead into our Valentine Cupcake Heart Art!  They used hearts to design and color their back grounds.  We used scraps of burlap to make the cupcake cup, tissue paper for the frosting and foam pieces to design the cherry. Some used markers to add sprinkles and details. It needed a little text with it, so I pulled out my gazillioin letter stickers.  We made a word list on the board and they selected their word, searched madly for thier letters and completed their creations!  So Scrumptious! 
See a quick power point I used to help build the cupcake:  http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/huskeyj72501-1347049-cupcake/






No comments:

Post a Comment