RAW ART

RAW ART
reading & writing with art

February 06, 2012




ALPHABET SCULPTURES

"A told B and B told C I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree.  Chicka Chicka Boom Boom."  Well this project that I found at Dick Blick has turned into an extremely L-O-N-G project!!  If we ever finish them it will be quite the accomplishment.  They cut their letters out of cereal boxes and used dixie cups and toilet paper rolls to create their letters form.  Then it was paper mache mania!  I have been doing this with 5th and 6th grade and we have gone through a ridiculous amount of paper mache glue.  :)
Chicka Chicka Boom BoomThey started painting this week...so hopefully I will have some cool pieces to share soon.  These are just some clips to get you started.  My plan is to make a giant coconut tree that covers the ceiling in the hall and hang the letters with finish line from the ceiling. We shall see if it works.  Send me any other ideas you might have on displaying them.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment