RAW ART

RAW ART
reading & writing with art

October 03, 2013

The Peace Book - International Project Mini Accordian Books

My students were asked to help out with an international project called Operation Christmas Child which is through the Samaritan's Purse organization.  Our task was to make hand made books to include in each shoebox that is shipped to children around the world for Christmas.  My 4th-6th graders are super pumped about this project and I am so loving how their mini books are turning out.


  I found these great mini accordion books by Ruth Bleakley at ruthbleakley.com and I knew they would be perfect for our project.  We used maps from the great USA to cover the front and back cover of our books.
The best piece was tying it in to our literacy part.  Todd Parr and a fabulous little simple book called The Peace Book.  The illustrations are bright and cheery and I love the simple text.  My students created their own Peace Book and we are in the middle of finishing the books up this week.
Peace is... having students that go above and beyond to make others happy.









No comments:

Post a Comment