RAW ART

RAW ART
reading & writing with art

February 08, 2013

I HEART ROBOTS - The Robot Book and art





This was one of my favorite KINDERGARTEN art lessons yet!  We are working on art for our "Nacho Ordinary Math Night" and I am supposed to have every grade level contribute art integrated with math.  Well...I found this book that I so fell in love with called The Robot Book by Heather Brown.  It was just perfect to go along with our shape robots we were making.  To provide the ultimate hook...I found the book trailer at http://youtu.be/pg6U1VNNAi0.
 We used the book to be our inspiration for our artwork.   We reviewed our shapes and looked at a variety of robot designs to help make decisions on what our robots needed.  I did the entire lesson in my best ROBOT VOICE and the only way they could talk in class was to use their robot voices.  They so loved it!  
You can use my how to power point here 
or you can create your own version.  For the end they created a sentence strip with their robots name and we attached this shape chart where they counted the # of shapes on their robot and included the chart on their display. 




Why I can not make these photos turn upright I have NO IDEA...sorry.  Just do the robot head tilt to view it.















No comments:

Post a Comment